The practical assessment for this course will be conducted onsite and site specific, with your organisation’s gear and equipment, performing one of the jobs that the successful student will be required to carry out once deemed competent.
We can also take a look at your current organisational approach to this aspect of high risk work and give feed back on any possible improvements that could easily be implemented, further ensuring your workforce is using the latest approach and methodologies when working in confined spaces.
We also use your organisational documentation ( Permits / Risk Assessments / SOP’s etc ) and step your workforce through your entire organisational requirement around this documented process.
This course can be delivered with the RIIWHS204D Safe working at heights unit of competency.
- Identifying confined spaces
- Identification and control of hazards
- Case studies
- Risk assessments and hierarchy of hazard controls
- Work to a confined space permit
- Work site policy and procedures
- Write work plans and risk assessments
- Lockout and tag out methods of isolation
- Fall protection equipment
- Practical entry into a confined space
- Safety and emergency procedures
Duration: 8 hours, dependent on course numbers