The Standard 11 – Generic Surface Induction course provides training on the skills and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines, under the Queensland Government Mines Inspectorate’s Recognised Standard 11 (Qld Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999).
This entry-level course is essential for those wishing to begin work in Queensland’s mining industry. The Australian Rescue and Safety Group is a licensed RTO and industry-recognised as a leading provider of high-quality Mining, Construction, Oil and Gas courses and services. Our Standard 11 – Generic Surface Induction training program, is applicable for both coal and metalliferous mines. This includes the 6 nationally recognised units of competency required to meet the training needs of the Standard 11 for induction. This course enables both experienced and inexperienced workers a pathway from which they can enter, or remain current within the mining industry in Australia.
Upon request, ASRG Group are able to provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Highly experienced trainers and facilitators (Rescue Coordinators) who are at the top of their fields
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 8am–4pm
- 2 day course, flexible to learners who may need more to complete
- Classroom and onsite training
- Corporate packages.
ASRG requires a minimum of 3 students in order to run classes.
Available training locations include:
9/53 Casua Drive
Varsity Lakes 4227
The Jessica Center
3/66 Jessica Blvd
37 McArthur Avenue
ASRG is available to conduct training and courses at the premises of industry clients providing there are suitable industry training facilities to do so. Please feel free to contact ASRG to arrange or enquire about training at your worksite.
The Standard 11 – Surface Induction course is delivered in a standard lecture format with a qualified Highly experienced Trainer. This includes demonstrations and active participation by both the trainer and students. Theory components including written assignments will also be an essential element of this course. The Standard 11 – Surface Induction Course Includes the following 6 nationally recognised units of competency:
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIIGOV201D Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIERR205D Apply initial first aid
Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Statement of Completion as well as an ID card to signify your eligibility to enter a mine for the purposes of employment. Once employment is achieved, the employer must sign-off on third-party tasks performed on-site with the site supervisor and brought back to ASRG Group to receive your Statement of Attainment.
This skill set can provide credit toward a number of Certificate II and III Qualifications in the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package.
- Generic induction
- Perform pre-start and post-start inspections/checks
- Australian Standards, Codes of Practice & Legislation
- Select and wear personal protective equipment appropriate for work activities
- Workplace communication
- Risk management & safety requirements
- Recognising workplace hazards
- Isolation and tagging procedures
- Traffic and mobile equipment procedures
- Applying initial first aid
- Fire fighting
- Emergency response procedures
It is a requirement that the Standard 11 refresher course be attended once every 5 years to enable all industry members to stay current with the skills and training necessary to work within the mining industry.
If you would like any further information about the Standard 11 – Generic Induction Course including course dates or an obligation free quote, please contact ASRG on 1300 407 352 or email us at [email protected]. Information on all other training provided by ASRG can be located here or by contacting us on the above listed phone or email.