The practical assessment for this unit will consist of a real-life working environment where these skills and knowledge would be performed, with all the relevant equipment and resources of that working environment.
Skills must be demonstrated by the student working individually in an environment that provides realistic in-depth, industry-validated scenarios and simulations to assess students’ skills and knowledge.
It’s important that students have knowledge of the content of this course. The assessable practical skills are listed below.
Students will be assessed on performing LV panel scenario and task demonstrations to undertake:
- Conduct work observing the relevant anti-discrimination legislation, regulations, policies and workplace procedures
- Implement occupational health and safety workplace procedures and practices including the use of risk control measures
- Inspection and placement of rescue equipment
- Placement of rescue equipment
- Controlling hazards to rescuer, casualty and others
- Identification and labelling of the isolation point
- Maintaining Safe Approach Distances (SAD s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Perform a rescue from a LV panel in accordance with workplace procedures
- Removing victim to safe location / place of safety
- Involvement of external emergency services
- DRSABCDE protocol and providing first aid for a burn
Duration: 5 hours, dependent on course numbers
Cost: Please contact us for a tailored quote to suit your needs